Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My first ever blood test


Today I went to take blood test in a hospital for the very first time. This blood test means quite a big deal to me. As you know, I'm very scared of needles. not just any other needles! The ones which penetrates through your epithelial cells and you can just enjoying the feeling of the blood oozing out from your veins. eewwww! Sorry to say that, but I'm not a fan of needles. :( Nonetheless, I have to do it because I have some family history of Thalassemia. Not a good thing at all. Anyway, I'm not going to elaborate more on that.

I have been hearing from different people about their blood test experience. And surprise, surprise! None of them seems to be painless. Every one just complained about how bad it hurts, how inexperience the nurses were. So, I freaked out! Was in fact planning a perfect way to escape this. Obviously, I failed badly.

Mom brought me to the hospital early in the morning. My heart was beating like crazy as we walked down to the laboratory. I followed nervously behind my mom. As we went into the lab, my mom squeaked so loudly that I thought the nurse looked really horrible. So, it turned out that the nurse was my mom's friend. So, the nurse called me to go into a small room.

Nurse: Girl, come and sit here.
Me: *Monologue: Shit!* 
Nurse: Girl, not painful one, kay? I promise, sure not painful. Come.
Me: *Still standing outside the door. Not moving*
Nurse: Come and sit here. I use a baby needle for you. Not painful one. *Smile*
Me: *walk to the chair and sit*
Nurse: Okay. Girl, you follow what I ask you to do.
Me: *nod head. Neither looking at her nor the syringe*
Nurse: Okay. Take a deep breathe and then let go.
Me: *followed obediently*


after few minutes later,


Nurse: Okay done! Girl, hold the cotton wool. I help you to put plaster.
Me: ????

Wow! It was painless. Not kidding! I can't even feel the needle poking into my veins. I like her!!! She's so awesome. I hopped down from the chair happily. But, the wound got a little painful when I lifted my hand. Overall, it's tolerable. Now the only thing to worry is the results. :(

After the blood test, we went to eat cendol. Yum Yum!


p.s. the post is one day behind.

kbai.

No comments: